Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Storm in NC

Monday morning, we woke up to this...such a beautiful view out our front door! No school for the kids, so they played in the snow and Kierin and I stayed in and made cookies. The weather got yucky as the day went on and snow turned to ice. Now it's day two of no school and it's not looking pretty for tomorrow. I don't think things will be thawing anytime soon! Getting a bit stir crazy here, having to stay in (but I am enjoying showering and putting on a clean pair of pj's for the day). Two years ago I went outside and didn't realize there was a thin coat of ice on the sidewalk. I slipped, fell hard, and injured my bursa badly! I'm afraid to go outside in this weather! This CA girl needs to be wearing flip flops, not snow boots! We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment