Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oct. 20th...Happy Birthday!




So much has happened since I last posted. We traveled to Ethiopia on Sept. 13, took placement of Reisen Sept. 14, had our embassy appt. Sept. 30, and headed home Oct. 1st (that 17 hr plane ride was long!). It was a whirlwind adventure and one I am so happy I experienced with my daughter Jaeden and friend, Kirstin Cassell. I don't know what I would have done without these two strong souls! I especially need to do a shout out to Kirstin for helping me remember all those dates the gal at the embassy kept asking me for...yikes! What would I have done without her soft voice around the corner correcting me (hee, hee!)??? If you want to get a better idea of what we went through, log on to Kirstin's blog (hope you don't mind, girlfriend!), casselljourneytoafrica.blogspot.com. She did an AMAZING job blogging, while I was just trying to survive. ;-)


Happy, Happy Birthday to our dear Reisen!!!! We are so thankful that we were able to celebrate your first birthday with you at home. You are a gift from God and we love you so much. Now, if you could just sleep through the night...mama would be thrilled! And anyone with adoption sleeping advice...I'll take it right about now!!!




Oh, and Happy 16th anniversary to my dear hubby on Oct. 20th also! I think little man's birthdays may be taking priority over our anniversaries for awhile. Love you <3








3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And Happy Anniversary!

    Sorry I don't have any sleep advice for you - I have a four year old sleeping in our bed so you couldn't trust any of my advice anyway :)

    Kathleen
    ourbrown-eyedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Reisen & besides the sleep issue, hope you are transitioning well :-)

    ReplyDelete